Picture
Steel cut oats (also known as Irish Oats) are a great breakfast choice! Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber and protein so it keeps you satisfied. The big difference between steel cut oats and instant or rolled oats is that steel cut oats are less processed. Instant oats or rolled oats are steamed, rolled and toasted. Steel cut oats are simply oat groats that are just chopped. They are coarse & hearty in texture and remain chewy after cooking.  They have a lower glycemic index which means your blood sugar will not spike as much after eating them.  Since they do take longer to make than rolled or instant oats, make a huge batch and enjoy it all week long. They reheat very well.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup uncooked steel cut oats
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp ground flax seed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp almond butter
1 apple, cored and chopped (keep peel on)

Directions:
In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add oats, apple, vanilla, flax seed and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down and simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat off and let sit covered for a few minutes. Mix in almond butter. Serve immediately or allow to cool and transfer into air tight container in the refrigerator.

*Double, triple or quadruple this recipe to have oatmeal all week!

Yield: 2 servings

Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
264 calories, 7 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 2 mg sodium, 43 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar, 8 grams protein, 1% Vitamin A, 5% Calcium, 7% Vitamin C, 12% Iron

Comments

Elizabeth
10/10/2014 6:08am

Finally made this...delicious!

Seriously? I bet it is really delicious. I never thought that there is a breakfast like this. This looks nutritious and will render our bodies a lot of benefits. I actually love foods that are healthy because I am really conscious of my body. I don't want to consume foods that have a large amount of carbohydrates because I doesn't want to be fat.

It is a reality of life that a thing is of no use or baseless until unless we do not make its good and appropriate use to get advantages and benefits from that specific thing. It is the situation with education.

nfgngfn
04/10/2017 1:45am

njfgnghm

09/16/2015 5:37am

Halo salam kenal saya dari sewa mobil surabaya.articel ini menjadi inspirasi bagi saya sebagai admin sewa mobil surabaya.1

09/16/2015 3:18pm

This is a post that is very nice and interesting. It's amazing.1

All the sweet things begun from my granny!

06/26/2016 3:21am

Hello could you mind allowing me know which hosting business you are working with? I have filled your website in 3 different browsers and I should declare this blog masses a lot faster then most.

11/02/2016 5:00am

December Poems: The Iron Age, of Old Age; The Night the Hounds were out!; The Methodical Primitive Man; Ridden by Death; Where the Waters Meet; No Way Back! December Poems II: 1) The Iron Age, of Old Age - In old age there is only intermittent sleep, And lots of time to tell life's strange tales of strife.

12/14/2016 10:38pm

Which job do you plan to do now that you can access the Internet? Just as many other new online entrepreneurs, you may not have a clue.

01/03/2017 10:08am

Those steel cut oats, or the Irish oats as I call them, certainly add a difference in taste and quality in those Cinnamon Apple Oats, otherwise, they don't taste very well.

08/13/2017 12:22am

I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

Beauti Queen amazing kolkata escorts agency alwyas ready for you at your doorstep. Beauti Queen provide you high profile independent girl in kolkata, escorts service in kolkata, kolkata escorts.

hello