Pumpkin puree is a great alternative to canned pumpkin. The flavor is quite different than canned pumpkin.  You can use it in smoothies, risotto, soups, pie, scones, chili, pancakes, oatmeal, bread and/or freeze for use later on.

Ingredients:
1 small sugar pumpkin (not a large carving pumpkin)
Olive Oil
Fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and/or cloves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. With a very sharp knife, slice pumpkin in half. Scoop out the stringy insides and seeds until it is clean. Save the seeds to be roasted. Brush with olive oil (optional) and sprinkle with spices (optional). I used nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Lay face down on foil lined baking pan. Roast for 50 minutes; may need more or less time depending on the size of your pumpkin. When a fork easily sticks through the skin it's done. Test in several areas to ensure doneness. Let cool for 10 minutes. Using a large spoon, peel skin away; it should peel off easily. If you just want roasted pumpkin, you are done. If you want to puree it, place in Vitamix or Blender for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. Store in fridge up to 1 week. Super easy!

Yield: depends on size of pumpkin. 1 small pumpkin usually makes 2-4 cups of puree.

Nutrition Facts: per 1/2 cup of puree (no olive oil):
50 calories, 0 grams fast, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 10 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar, 1 gram protein, 280% Vitamin A, 2% Calcium, 4% Vitamin C, 8% Iron

Comments

09/16/2015 5:37am

Halo salam kenal saya dari sewa mobil surabaya.articel ini menjadi inspirasi bagi saya sebagai admin sewa mobil surabaya.19

12/02/2016 3:05am

Vegetables can be a great source of nutrition. No wonder, my mom always sends me food. I am studying law and I live 20 minutes away from my parents' home. They give me independence, but mom insists that I should feed myself the best food all the time. And she means it and sends me a lot of her dishes.

08/02/2017 12:55am

This is a good recipe for Halloween! I have been looking for a recipe that I want to be able to cook for my nieces and nephews because they are big fans of Halloween. Last year, I made them butter fingers and marshmallows that I shaped into eyeballs. They absolutely loved it because they said it looked like it was real fingers and eyeballs. Halloween is a great day to look forward to because we get to dress up for one day and be who we want to be.

08/11/2017 8:22pm

As what were said from the other comments, this is a perfect recipe for Halloween season. I am also sure children will love it's unique taste. Children love the taste of squash and it's going to be an exciting recipe. I am interested making one for my family (especially for my niece) since they love eating pumpkin-related recipes! Thank you for posting this one.

09/16/2015 3:18pm

This is a post that is very nice and interesting. It's amazing.19

04/04/2017 3:41am

This is really interesting and it catches my attention. This is my first time to hear pumpkin puree. We are always using canned pumpkin. I am going to tell this to my mom and I am sure that she is going to do this right away. She is going to experiment this for sure until she achieve the taste that she wants.

10/12/2015 1:33am

The knowledge of child’s development is essential for teachers. The teachers will then know various stages of child’s development. They can then plan their lessons effectively

06/09/2016 11:57pm

pumpkin see like Roasted sugar and i will be try to make it, because i think it will be delicious and tasty. I really thanks to you for posting this very tasty recipe with us. We are offering best detox plan, which you can make your body health and unlock all the body part.

01/09/2017 11:24am

You can do a boiled pumpkin puree that would be better for stomach.

The best lighting for smart people. Visit our site and ensure the adequacy of price .